“Some of the Covered Bridges in the BTADD Area:”
Blue Licks Battlefield State Resort Park
Link to the Park Home Page: HERE
Kentucky Gateway Museum Center
Click HERE for the link.
The Rosemary Clooney House Museum
Link to the Museum Home Page: HERE
Baker-Bird Winery – The oldest Winery in America.
Link to the Winery Home Page: HERE
- Augusta Ferry (since 1798)– One of two ferries in operation along the Ohio River. Runs from 8a.m. til 8p.m. weather permitting.
- Augusta’s Historic Jail (circa 1811)– The Historical Society offers tours by appointment only. 606-735-3337
- Riverfront Row Houses– Picturesque homes on Water Street represent the heritage and history of the Augusta area.
- Labor Day Weekend– “Heritage Days” festival.
Created by Robert Dafford. Located along McDonald Parkway in downtown Maysville.
- Maysville Historic District – 48 downtown sites included in the tour.
- National Underground Railroad Museum – 115 E. 3rd St, Maysville. Open Monday – Saturday, 10a.m. – 4p.m.
- Pioneer Graveyard – 221 Sutton St. Maysville. Possibly the first cemetery in Maysville. It includes the graves of Jacob Boone, Charles Erb Wolfe and Peter Grant, the uncle of Ulysses S. Grant.
- Limestone Landing – Located on Limestone St and the Ohio River, it is believed that Daniel Boone initialed a large boulder here.
- Phillips Folly – 227 Sutton St, Maysville. Built by William B. Phillips in 1828. This home was possibly a stop on the Underground Railroad.
- Opera House – 2nd St, Maysville. 1851 restored Victorian building that is home to the Maysville Players.
- Old Mechanics Row – 3rd and Wall St, Maysville. Historic home built by John Armstrong in the 1850’s.
- Historic Old Washington – 1780’s village that was founded by Simon Kenton, and was the second largest town in Kentucky at that time. Many of the buildings have been restored or converted into museums. Several of the log cabins and brick homes feature antique and gift shops.
- Russell Theater – E. 3rd St, Maysville. Premiered Rosemary Clooney’s first motion picture.
- Rosemary Clooney’s childhood home – 331 W. 3rd. St, Maysville, KY.
Second Saturday: “Maysville Uncorked!” Showcases Kentucky’s vineyards, art, food and music. The images below were taken at the annual event: Art in the Garden – Augusta, KY.
First Weekend: “The Old Reliable” Germantown Fair in Germantown, located near Maysville.
Mid-September: “Pig Out on Market”. Annual BBQ contest, street party, live music, Cornhole Tournament.
Mid-September: “Simon Kenton Harvest Festival”. Old Washington Historic District of Maysville. Frontier life demonstrations, pioneer re-enactions, arts & crafts, food.<.p>
First Weekend: “Frontier Christmas Festival”. Old Washington, Strolling costumed carolers, dulcimer, banjo and fiddle playing, learn the art of candle making, period craft demonstrations, food.
For more information on any of the above listed events, please see the City of Maysville Tourism/Annual events site by clicking HERE.