The TENCO Workforce Development Board members are responsible for administering the The Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) for the 10 counties of the region. The Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act calls for the establishment of a local Workforce Development Board (WDB). The WDB is responsible for:
- Management of the local Career Center efforts, including selection of operator(s) and providers;
- Maintenance of a performance driven system for documenting accomplishment of standards;
- Selection of youth service providers, Identification of eligible providers of training services;
- Provide oversight of budget status, audits, contract status;
- Development & implementation of the Strategic(Plan & Goals/Action Steps) and Local WIA Plans;
- Through the One-Stop delivery system provides Core Intensive & Training services to Youth, Adult & Dislocated Workers.